Sunday, October 16, 2011

Not so Entertaining

by: Jaimie Gleissner

You'll have to bear with us folks! The Away We Go staff has been pretty busy this month, so we hope you can understand if our posting schedule (Wednesday and Sunday) is a bit of a mess. Lara and I are getting ready for pretty big moves and Sam is starting school. With all of these big changes, we've gotten a bit scatter-brained. We appreciate your readership and are trying our best to post in a timely manner.

Lately, I've been in charge of wine tasting at the local liquor store. Since Rochelle is a pretty small town, I have ample time to sit and think. Here are some of the things that run through my mind when there aren't any customers in the store:

- Thinking too much can be dangerous. It's amazing how easily you can talk yourself out of taking a risk when you're trying to be reasonable.

- Why does my coworker keep dusting? I spent 20 minutes dusting today, and he just keeps dusting the same bottles. He's been at it for hours. God, he must be bored.

- I can't remember what I was going to do, so I'm just going to wander around the store until I figure something out.

- Listed all of the states I've been to: 26 (counting Washington DC even though it's not really a state).

- Why does time go by so slowly when we're bored and so quickly when we're entertained?

- I'm hungry.

- Random song

Turns out my life at work isn't that entertaining. Luckily, I've had a fair amount of time on my hands and managed to find something more interesting than my day. Check out 50 pictures from National Geographic:



1 comment:

  1. Stay busy - I know all that thinking is hurting your brain!! Keep up the blog, it stretches your mental capacity and keeps you thinking!!

    Work is not supposed to be boring - dust, keep busy!

    ReplyDelete