Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Closing Up

by: Samantha Bermitz


The end of the season is near,and soon I'll be back in what we call the “real world.”

My head is swimming with questions like will I miss the cold; will I remember how to drive or sit down and enjoy a meal? What about texting? Will I still be fast, or will I be slow?

Even though none of these things are important to most people, they are to me. It might just be the stress of impending change or that I am really going to miss Yes Bay, but trivial things, like joking around the kitchen and moping the crew room floors, are part of my usual routine as opposed to texting and talking on the phone.

Being a newbie and all, I've fond it comforting to make a to do list for when I get back so that I don’t feel too overwhelmed by all the drastic changes:
-register my car
-get insurance
-finish registering for school
-get the rest of my school supplies, etc.
One thing that’s been suggested to me is to take some time off, which makes complete sense. We worked practically 4 months straight; I'm giving myself some time to relax and re-acclimate.

Since school doesn’t start till October 20, I'll be going to New York for a week to visit my boyfriend! I'm super excited because I haven’t seen him for 4 months. We've been together for three years, and this is the most time we've ever spent apart. I miss him so much! I cannot wait to see him, and I think this trip will also help me ease into a more normal schedule.

I am really going to miss Yes Bay and the amazing people I've shared my summer with. When your stuck somewhere for 4 months with people you don't know, you will make friends and some enemies. Hopefully, though, you'll make more friends and carry fond memories of the season with you for the rest of your life.

The end of the season comes fast, and isn’t so bad if you stay positive, breathe, and always remember: never bring a gun to a sweagle fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment