Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Going to the Zoo

Wow! It's been a long time since I made a new post. Not too much has happened as of late, but I did manage to spend another summer in Alaska while continuing to work towards my publishing degree (which will be completed in May).  Currently, my boyfriend and I are planning a road trip to our new home in an undecided place in Alaska. Right now, our top two choices are Kodiak and Fairbanks, but we are still researching places like Homer and Sitka. We're pretty excited about it! 

In the mean time, Eric has decided to visit me on his vacation instead of going hunting. We've been checking out the best that Bloomington has to offer. Whenever I spend take up a long term residence, I like to take advantage of the local attractions, and Bloomington's Miller Park Zoo is a pretty neat little day trip.

Chatting with a Wallaby
My favorite part of the zoo, besides the otters, is the wallaby exhibit. The fences are really low, and the animals are really laid back. One of them was feeling rambunctious and jumping from one side of the compound to the other. It was awesome!

Miller Park Zoo also houses a tiger, two snow leopards, a Malaysian sun bear, a rainforest exhibit, a bunch of monkeys, and a reptile house. It's about $5.00 to get in, so you get a lot of bang for your buck. When you finish walking through the zoo, you can take a walk around the pond.  

No comments:

Post a Comment