Sunday, August 28, 2011

First Timer

By Samantha Bermitz


Just fresh out of high school and already I am on a great adventure and meeting awesome people.

I must say, seasonal work isn't for everyone – you are away from home and living with strangers. However, it is an awesome experience especially for a high school graduate.

I am going to school in the fall to become a chef, so coming out here was just the thing I needed to get me motivated. I've learned so much (like how to make bread and pies). I've also altered some recipes to make them my own.

Some advice for a new timer: If you're young like me, bring someone with you or go with someone. In my case I have my dad. He was a captain here last year and brought me with him for round two. I have no regrets; I'm glad I came and got to have this amazing experience at such a young age. I would recommend it to anyone.

More advice: While packing, remember that this place won't have stuff like q-tips and tooth brushes – at least not for free. Bring everything you need to live, and don’t be afraid to send a package to yourself, so you don’t have to lug it all around!

All in all, I'm super glad that I came to Yes Bay. I would do it again ,but maybe somewhere else were its warmer.

Remember: NEVER bring a gun to a sweagle fight!


No comments:

Post a Comment