Sunday, November 13, 2011

Falling into Place

by: Jaimie Gleissner

Things I've done since I turned 25 (October 1, 2011):

Local Wine Girl:
This was a pretty awesome job. Not only did I get to chat with a lot of cool people, but I also learned a lot about wine. Wine for Dummies was an extremely useful tool for gaining a basic knowledge of popular wines. By the end of the month, I was able to describe and recommend wines. It was pretty awesome.

Moved to Denver:
After several months of deliberation, I finally decided to move to Denver, CO. Even better, once I made the decision, I followed through with it! A little shopping around on Craigslist provided cool roommates and an affordable place to live.

Got a Full-Time Job:
Do I enjoy my job? Absolutely not. Am I proud of myself for lining up a job the same day I moved into my new home? You bet! Though I'm looking for a different job, it's nice to have an income while I get on my feet.

Twenty-five is a pretty intimidating age. A lot of my friends are getting engaged, married, or having kids on purpose - life decisions that I can't even comprehend. Honestly, if I had a puppy it would probably die due to neglect. It seems like 25 is the age where people start to fully embrace their adult lives, yet here I am just beginning to figure mine out. My BA degree is collecting dust while I pretend to bust my ass in a job that pays 100% commission. On Wednesday I called fax machines for the last hour so that I didn't have to talk to people. Needless to say, I'm hoping to have a new job before the month is out. Sure, at times I feel a little lost, but I've been lucky enough to have a great support network. Every thing is falling into place nicely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment